MENU

test

test

Friday, June 13, 2014

The World of Arthropods (Part Two)

This is the second part of our Arthropod Study.  I suggest you read the first part of this post to know more of our materials and how I started introducing this entire subject to my son.

arthropod title 2

Here are the activities we've done on the last part of our Insect Study.

Activity 1:  Moulding insects using plasticine and playdough.

DSC_0800

 

Activity 2: Matching the insect figures to the of the insect picture cards we have. Also, we used our fact cards to learn about each insect group and their characteristics.

 DSC_0813

DSC_0814

Activity 3: Body parts.  Here Mavi worked on a worksheet identifying the major body parts of an insect.  Earlier we've studied the different body parts of an insect.  Read about it here.

DSC_0825 

Activity 4: Sorting of insect and non-insect animal figures.  Oh he loved this!! See how he identifies the figure? He sorted them by counting their legs!

  DSC_0870

DSC_0875

Activity 5:  This is just out of the blue activity.  I was cleaning up our kitchen and saw Mavi's old learning materials in a box.  So I took them out and let him play with these minibeasts again.  We had this activity before when he was 3 years old, picking up the insects using the kiddie chopsticks.  The toy insects were from a local store here.

DSC_0840

DSC_0849

And that ends our Arthropod-Insect Study :)  Next is Crustaceans and Centipedes, but I'm reserving this topic in July or August. 

And there you go peeps! If you have any questions just leave me comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  You are free to share this post and copy the activities (just link back to me if you find my activities interesting).

For more activities: Follow Pinay Homeschooler's board Zoology Unit on Pinterest.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!

1 comment :

  1. Great stuff. I don't think my comment posted on part one, but I mentioned how much our kids loved the life cycle activity (we focused on insects, not arthropods in general). Thanks for sharing.

    Renae

    ReplyDelete