MENU

test

test

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Updates on Math and Language

And so we've been doing language and math seriously this summer.  So here's what we have accomplished so far:

Language.  Initially we were working with kindergarten workbook, but he finished it in no time and seems bored so I upgraded him to a first grader workbook (bought it in a local bookstore) and so far he is liking it.  He loves the challenge and the work book got lots of reading comprehension exercises which I really really like. 

DSC_0969

And we are also working on digraphs using my Consonant Blends Worksheets. He has no problem identifying the consonant blends (beginning and ending) but when it comes to filling up the missing digraph, he's still a little bit confused in some areas.

DSC_1078

Math.  We are still on Booklet 2 and Addition Chart 3 of Montessori Addition.  We will proceed with Charts 4 and 5 once we're done with Booklet 2.  You can read about Montessori Addition here and download my addition booklets from Pinay Homeschooler Shop and Downloads.

DSC_1071

Lastly, I we're using Singapore Math workbook (K1).  Compared to the workbooks here, I love the scope of Singapore Math.  It covers graphing, logic and more.  I ordered this book from my friend lives in Singapore and they can usually be bought here: Popular Bookstore.  They're very affordable, the only problem here is shipping cost.

              DSC_0037 DSC_0040

 

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child

No comments :

Post a Comment