MENU

test

test

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bear in 4 Seasons

Mavi is 41 months old.

We’re rowing Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? this week... and I included “the four seasons” as a side topic to go along with the book.  We accomplished this today and I might as well share it here.

We started by making him color the four teddy bears which I printed out on a cardstock.  It’s just a random clipart from Google... and I chose a simple image that we can simply cut and paste.  He traced the bears when he realized that the lines were no longer visible (covered by the brown crayon).

DSC_0947

And he got tired along the way so he decided to color the remaining two bears on the manner shown on the picture below LOL.

DSC_0950

Once he’s done with the bears, I told him that we will be setting up the four seasons in each paper and place each bear on it. 

He wanted to cut the yellow craft paper first so I decided that we should do “Summer”.  Here he’s cutting the paper so we can have a sun.

 DSC_0958

Once he glued the son, I described to him what is summer.  What can be seen on summer... and kept on saying “grasses, oceans, beaches and playing”.He made grasses, and glued them.  I was just there to guide him, he did 90% the work :)

DSC_0959

DSC_0962

We did spring next, where I cut some flowers.  When he glued it, he told me that the stems and leaves were missing, so he added those to each of the flowers.  Love love love it that he includes the stems and leaves here, it’s unbelievable that he was able to absorb what he learned from our plants and flower units.

DSC_0966

In autumn I made leaves from different crafting paper.  I showed a leaf prototype and he made the rest.  He wants his version to be as detailed as mine so he added veins on each one.  Again, he enjoys cutting!

DSC_0967

DSC_0969

DSC_0970

Winter was the last and I explained to him why we needed to use a blue paper instead of white.  Then we added a few snows and a snowman.

DSC_0972 

And this is what we ended up afterwards.  It would have been better if we dress up the bears according to season, but I wasn’t in the make one.  Maybe you can try it :)

square

Linking this to :

Montessori Monday Teach Me Tuesday at Preschool Powol Packets linklearn

2 comments :

  1. I LOVE your 4 seasons with bear! I recently worked with my kiddos on the seasons too =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you tomorrow,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his resourceful coloring, lol! The final products are adorable...and so informative! Thanks for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday--I can't wait to see what you're up to next week!

    ReplyDelete