MENU

test

test

Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Making of Bahay Kubo

Here’s my attempt of presenting how we made our Bahay Kubo (Nipa Hut) project which was part of our Southeast Asia Study.

bahaykubo copy

It’s pretty simple actually. What you will be needing are the following:

  • strips of cardboard paper
  • bamboo skewers
  • double sided tape
  • green cardstock (roof)

Procedure

1.  Cover the upper portion of the sticks with the double sided tape.

2.  To make a wall, stick the strips of cardboard on the two bamboo skewers. See the picture below (make two of this).  Leave a square shape in the middle for the window.

DSC_0773

3.  To make the square house, connect the two walls using the cardboard strips again.  It should automatically stick on the bamboo skewer because of the double sided tape.  But you can add more tape if needed.  Leave a rectangle opening on the other wall for the door.

DSC_0776

4.  For the roof, I use a cardstock, folded it and cut some strips on its end.  To make it sturdy, I glued the middle part in a cardboard paper.

           DSC_0777 DSC_0802

5. To attach the roof on the house, I tape (double sided) another strip of cardboard in the middle of the roof so I can place it on top of the house using the side walls. 

          DSC_0779 DSC_0665

6.  For the stairs, again it’s pretty simple. I use the double sided tape to attach all the elements in the stairs.

DSC_0824

And that’s how we were able to come up with a Nipa Hut model.  Hope this post will give you an idea how to make your own version as well. Happy weekend!

DSC_0686

2 comments :

  1. This is fantastic! I have pinned it to my Asia board. I hope you will link this up to the history and geography meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hut, it's such a cute model.

    FYI: when I try to pin your post the pictures are not showing up to be pinned, but some weird "broken image" thing shows up instead.

    ReplyDelete