MENU

test

test

Monday, March 4, 2013

The City at Night

This idea was from Deep Sparkle.  This is a great activity and a perfect way to practice cutting and pasting skills.

First we made our background by creating swirls and spots.

          DSC_0679 DSC_0681

Mine is on the left side and my son selected blue and purple for his background.

DSC_0686

While we wait for our paints to dry, Mavi cut some small pieces of squares/rectangles for our windows. 

 DSC_0689

An hour later, we added skyscrapers to our background using black art paper (sorry no picture as my hands were busy).

Then I let my son paste the small squares  on our skyscrapers.  I explained that at night you cannot usually see the exterior of the buildings, what you see are just shadows (thus it’s black). So what you can see are the windows that are lit from inside.

DSC_0691 DSC_0694

Here’s Mavi’s work.  He’s still adding some details :)

 DSC_0709

And here’s mine.  I didn’t get to design my own skyscrapers as he did mine too LOL.

DSC_0704

 

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
Preschool Corner
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me

1 comment :

  1. I love it! These are really cute. thanks so much for linking to Share it Saturday this week.

    ReplyDelete