MENU

test

test

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Continent Study: Europe Part I

Here are the learning materials we have for our Europe Continent Study. 

Poor man’s puzzle map of Europe.  We did a similar thing with Africa and will be doing this with other continents as well once we revisit them.  My son enjoys putting the map!   You can this map and other continents from here.

DSC_0938

Of course, there’s the pinning of flags to familiarize the locations of European countries.

DSC_0962

3 part cards of flags of Europe.  You can get it from here, together with map pin flags and with some other flag learning materials.

DSC_0943

And of course, his favorite… identifying the animals of Europe!  My animals figures are from Safari Toobs and Schleich.

DSC_0969 DSC_0970

Here’s a closer look of how my animal cards/fact sheets look like.  If you’re interested, you can get it from here.

DSC_0966

I also have cards for European cuisines.  I included this in our study as we have tried some of the foods here and at times I prepare them at home.  One of which is my ever favorite Paella.DSC_0980

Since we’ve been learning Arts and Artists, my son is already familiar with famous painters from Europe.  So I decided to include other famous people from this continent.DSC_0985 

We also have some Euro bills and UK pounds.  I bought these at ELC during the Christmas Sale Season :)  Then I also printed 10 random images of Europe.  I’m putting it on a file with caption so I can share it for free. 

DSC_0986

And we also have pictures from our travels around Europe.  I will use this to talk about the landmarks and the places we’ve been to on my next post. 

DSC_0992 

Will be posting other materials, activities and freebies based on this study soon, so watch out for it.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
History and Geography

3 comments :

  1. I love all of this! I am going to use these ideas for our geography studies next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great study of Europe! I love how you matched the little animals with the card!

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I hope to see you linked up again later today =)

    Have a great weekend,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How wonderful! Thank you for sharing! I'm definitely pinning everything so I can remember to use some of your ideas and freebies next year.

    ReplyDelete