MENU

test

test

Monday, April 22, 2013

Math: Addition Strip

Last week we started working on our Addition Strip.  I wanted to test Mavi if he’s into it, and surprisingly he enjoys it!  As you know, I am not Montessori trained (not yet), so I am relying on free Montessori albums with regards to “how to’s” and I am currently using this site as my primary resource of information. 

Anyway, all materials here are homemade.  I used pink and light blue strips instead of the conventional red and blue because I ran out of papers.

DSC_0906-2

I also printed this equation strips.  Since this is just a “trial” period, I didn’t introduce Chart 1 and Chart 2 yet.  We will work on it in our next session.DSC_0912

He loves picking up the blue and pink strips based on the equation.

DSC_0915

 DSC_0919

DSC_0922

We worked on the five equations and gave him 3 more for him to work on by himself.  DSC_0926

DSC_0934

When we’re done, he told me he loves it!  And for that we will have a full lesson this week (we’re doing Math thrice a week now) and we’re using Chart 1 and Chart 2.  More on that on my next post :)

PS.  I am contemplating on purchasing Montessori-Math materials and Karen Tyler’s Math Album.  Creating materials can be tedious and time consuming at times.  They’re quite pricey though but I guess it will be all worth-it if you’re son/kids enjoy using it right?

Happy Monday!

 

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner

2 comments :

  1. I always covet for montessori materials. But somehow it gives me greater satisfaction that my kids are learning from home made mobtessori materials- dunno why? By the way, try laminating your strips to make it more durable. Oh, also i find that after the child is through with a certain Montessori material, it just sits in the cupboard collecting dust. These times, I just feel
    Like I should have just make my own and not buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And it's not practical on my side since I have only one child and he's attending school in the morning anyway. I just wanted to supplement especially on Math since we have a different training and approach in Asia :) Thanks for the inputs!

      Delete