MENU

test

test

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Color Theory Part I

Helloooo!! How’s everyone??? I haven’t been in this blog for a week!  Oh well, it must be the Easter vacation hangover or probably enjoying much of our Spring break :)

I’m participating in this Spring Blog Hop, it sounds fun!  That is why we did colors today to jumpstart our Spring activities :) 

DSC_0801

I decided to take this one slow, so we only did two color schemes and skipped the colorwheel.  I’m using the The ABC’s of Art to discuss the primary and secondary colors (we’ll be doing other colors next).  So I took our red, yellow and blue paints to create secondary colors.  I made use of cotton buds LOL as our paint brushes.  Since we’ll just be mixing paints, it would save me a lot of work since I can dispose them easily rather than using paint brushes where I have to wash them after we use them.

DSC_0815

DSC_0811

DSC_0814

Mine is on the upper portion.  I made sure to have my own work too… and surprisingly, I enjoyed it!

DSC_0818

With all colors available (primary and secondary), we made a rainbow :)  These are the colors that makes a rainbow in order from the colorwheel.

DSC_0820

This is my son’s version of rainbow colors.

DSC_0827

Next, we’ll do the colorwheel and study other color schemes like complimentary colors, warm and cool colors, and maybe neutral colors as well.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday 
Teach Beside Me
Montessori Spring Blog Hop

2 comments :

  1. Painting with q-tips looks fun, and I love your son's version of the rainbow best! I do gluing with q-tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy using qtips at home... found a new purpose for it LOL

      Delete