MENU

test

test

Monday, September 23, 2013

There's nothing like... AUSTRALIA (Part II)

This post is waaaay past its due date LOL  We've been busy for the past few days and I can't seem to include this in my schedule.  Good thing, it is a school day today and the little guy is in school and that gives me enough time to write about the second part of our Australia study.

To start with, we discuss about the animals that can be seen in Australia. 

Animals

Using the Animals of Australia/Oceania Nomenclature and Fact Cards and the Safari Toob Down Under, we talked about the habitats and the diets of these animals, juxtaposed to the biomes as well.

 DSC_1305

DSC_1308

And there's the Parts of a Kangaroo (Nomenclature and Definition Booklet).  (Click the picture for the link)

the kangaroo copy

And Mavi continued working on the identification of the body parts and added labels onto it.

           DSC_1388 DSC_1390

 

DSC_1391

Biomes

We discuss biomes as well, which is something new to him and he loves it! Read about here.

DSC_1385

We work on the activity sheets that is included in My Adventure Book: Australia

 DSC_1392 DSC_1396

 

Map works

For the studying the map, again using My Adventure Book: Australia, we talked about the different states and territories of Australia and he worked on the activity sheet which I provided. (He's obsessed with coloring as of the moment) iDSC_1370 

Flag

I gave him options on how to go about the flag and he wanted to paint it :) 

DSC_1399

Aboriginal Arts

We did these few days ago.

DSC_1369

Postcard from Australia

And lastly,we created our postcard to send it to a friend.

             DSC_1379  DSC_1382

DSC_1381

Activity sheets, maps and information pages of Australia that was used in this study is all in My Adventure Book (Australia/Oceania).

Other related stories for studying Australia as a country and continent:

There's nothing like... Australia (Part I)

Biomes of Australia

Aboriginal Arts

Continent Study: Australia

My Adventure Book (Australia/Oceania)

 

For more FREEbies, learning aids and downloads, please visit The Pinay Homeschooler Shop and Downloads

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child

2 comments :

  1. I love all the activities! I'm in the process of putting together continent boxes and you have some fabulous ideas and resources. Pinning for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The postcard idea is great!! Definitely using that during our Australia study!

    ReplyDelete