MENU

test

test

Monday, September 16, 2013

Aboriginal Arts

You've been following me on Facebook, I've shared pictures of our work of Aboriginal arts.  This is still in line with our Australia study (Part I here). Sorry if some pictures are dark as we've been doing the activities late in the afternoon.

To start with, we talked about the Aborigines of Australia and how they use paintings or artworks to communicate.  I used our trusted iPad to check some pictures of the artworks and made my son choose which one he wanted to replicate (he wanted the turtle).

DSC_1344

 DSC_1347

I also pointed out that most arts of the Aborigine people uses the technique of Pointillism.  We talked about how we can execute it using the back of pencils or using Qtips/buds. 

When we're done studying the pictures, we started making our version as well.  Here we used red background with contrasting colors for the dots.

             DSC_1349 DSC_1351

Another day he asked if we could do it again.  And this time I printed out from a random Google search a ready made art for him to color.

DSC_1359

We allowed all the artworks to dry and here's how they look like now that they're dry.  The one on the upper left is my work :)

DSC_1369

My son enjoyed the painting, especially with animals on it.   The problem is that he doesn't like pointillism, for he gets tired after making a few dots. 

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child

1 comment :

  1. Love the colorful artwork! :) Adding it to my list and pinning it to use later.

    ReplyDelete