MENU

test

test

Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Adventure Book (Australia/Oceania)

Hello everyone! I am happy to announce that the link to my newest file:  My Adventure Book (Australia/Oceania) is finally up! It features two countries from the said continent and they are Australia and New Zealand.  We basically use this for our geography/continent/country study.

Backstory:  My son loves travelling, he has been crossing continents for 5 years and because of this he's interested on world maps and locations of the countries we're visiting.  He is fascinated with the cultures, the language and just about anything about a country.  So when we watched the movie UP, he was so inspired by the concept of the adventure book.  He told me if he could have one so he can draw/scribble his adventures whenever we travel.  And that's were I came up with the idea of making a guide or an information booklet of certain countries that he would like to go to (or even with just play pretend).

971366_10152090129899689_1801511433_n

So first in the series is Australia and New Zealand.  Here are the contents of My Adventure Book:

  • Fact sheets
  • Meaning and use of the country's flag and coat of arms

InfoPage1

 

  • Maps of the country (political/state/regional/territories), biomes and landmark locations

MapPage1

 

  • Description of the landmarks
  • Animals of Australia and New Zealand
  • Famous people from each country
  • Famous cuisine/food from each country or foods originating from each country

FamousPage1

  •     DIY Postcards, images for coloring (including the flags) and postage stamps, VISA, immigration stamps for play pretend
    PostPage

 

  • And lots of activity sheets! 

ActivitySheets

 

I am happy of the contents of the mini-book and the topics I have included are not too much or not too little for my son to handle. See how we use it here.

The file has 55 pages and costs for only $3.  You can now avail it  if you click on any of the pictures posted above or if you visit my website (see Geography:Australia/Oceania) : The Pinay Homeschooler Shop and Downloads

Thank you so much everyone... and for those who are interested, hope you like it as much as we do!

PS. North America is coming soon ! It will feature three countries so watch out for it as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment