MENU

test

test

Monday, July 2, 2012

Continent: South America (with PRINTABLES)

Saw lots of books about South America a few weeks ago, so I decided to have it for our Continent study.

P1060566

I love these books as well for they’ve got lots of pictures showing the culture, food and lifestyle of people in Brazil.  My son enjoyed reading books about children in different culture.   P1060589

P1060568

And these were my favorite!  They were very specific and informative.  Suited enough for a home study of South America. 

P1060567

Of course, studying a continents includes map.  Here’s my little boy, familiarizing the South America map.

P1060592

And I made flag pins as well!  He’s interested in maps lately and love identifying each one.  I love the fact that he can now associate a flag to a county and on a specific location on the map.

P1060591DSC_0094 

I also made the landmarks.  I only made a few since this topic is not really an interest of his.

DSC_0109

From the books above, I made a summary of South American animals.  You can download a copy of it here.

 DSC_0110 DSC_0120

As we discuss each animal, I showed him a video of each so he can see how they behave and what are they like in real life.

DSC_0112 Since I’ve got Rainforest Safari Toob, we also played matching game using my DIY control cards and the animal figures.

P1060597 DSC_0135    

Same as the animal cards, I also made one for the plants of South America.  You can download it here.P1060606

Just before we wrap-up our study, my son matched the landmarks to its location using the flags :)P1060607

I wanted to cook some South American foods as well, but I discovered that some of our native foods (Filipino) are similar to that in South America.  So instead of showing him pictures, I might as well prepare those foods with him.

Hope you like it!

Montessori Monday

7 comments :

  1. Awesome printables! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great study! Thanks for the printables - I am going to tuck them away for our Wold Geography/Country study in a couple years =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very interesting! You have made an excellent lesson plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Am trying my best to make it interesting :) Oh we've been very busy these days... as you know it, it's summer so I have to time to blog hop :) Hope to visit yours soon... lots of wonderful artworks you have there!

      Delete
  4. What beautiful materials! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jarms, bilib gid ko sa imo. Really nice. :) Will definitely bookmark this blog kay helpful gid ni when I go home and teach Anya about geography.

    ReplyDelete