MENU

test

test

Monday, May 6, 2013

Continent Study: Europe Part II (FREE Picture Cards)

Map and Flag Study

Our continent study usually starts with maps.  This is my poor man's version of Wooden Puzzle Map (Montessori).  My son loves working with puzzles so I painstakingly made this one for him.

DSC_0997

Then we work with flags.  Since I can't seem to find a cork-board so we can pin our Europe Pin Flags, we used plasticine to let our flags stand on the map :) 

               DSC_1008 DSC_1005

Here's a closer look of his work.
 
DSC_1010

We also worked with the European Flag Nomenclature Cards.  He liked identifying the flags of the countries where we have lived and visited.

DSC_1014

I asked him to pick three flags he like the best so we can paint them.  He chose the flag of Ireland, France and Serbia. 

               DSC_1023 DSC_1024

I love how he is serious when he is working.

               DSC_0007 DSC_1029

Now for the freebies, you can avail this flags of Europe file for coloring purposes.   Click the picture to download the file.

coloring 
Culture/Lifestyle

These books are amazing! We totally love reading it as my son and I learn about families living in certain countries of Europe, learning about their countries and their lifestyle.

DSC_0016

And with that, I also wanted to share photos I collected from the web, showing some of things you need to learn about Europe.  Just click the picture for the link.

bulffight

Landmarks

DSC_0018

Here, I used my Landmarks of Europe materials.  My son loves listening to my stories of how we travel on the mainland and the places we have been to as seen on the photos and on our learning materials.   The rest of my Europe Continent Study materials can be found here.

DSC_0021

After showing him the Eiffel Tower, I challenged him if he could create the tower using his Lego. And..... tada! He definitely surprised me!

DSC_0064

PS.  First part of our Europe Continent can be found here.


Linking to:        

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much,we just purchased our first world map.Im so excited to use these resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! Hope you and your kids will find them helpful!

      Delete