MENU

test

test

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Handwriting

How do you practice handwriting?  In my case we do:

Write a story...

                DSC_0575 DSC_0577

Trace numbers..

                DSC_0578 DSC_0647

Lots of letter trace and copywork.

                DSC_0649 DSC_0654

Observations:

  1. He doesn’t write within the lines yet.  I still find it hard to explain to him WHY we needed to observe the guides (lines). This is the reason why I try to make him trace my own handwriting so he can practice using the guides.   Any techniques on this one?
  2. He LOVES to write in CAPITAL letters. He keeps asking me why he should write in small letters, and I told him that books, newspapers uses small letters that’s why I’m encouraging him to do so.
  3. His letter J, S and N are still written in wrong direction (looks like mirror images).  I am not sure whether this is normal for his age but I want to correct it as early as now for it would be hard to correct in the future.

Any more ideas?

Montessori Monday

1 comment :

  1. Jarms, almost all kids really get confused with the letters. Anya would sometimes write b instead of d. But they will get the hang out of it.

    ReplyDelete