MENU

test

test

Friday, July 6, 2012

Life Cycle of a Ladybird

My son had been playing with his insect toys lately and since it’s summer, I decided that it was time for an insect study.  Honestly, I am terrified of insects... so it took me awhile to do something like this... because the sight of them give me the creeps.

Anyway, first on the list is the study of Ladybird. Yeah, that’s what we call them here instead of “ladybugs”.  I told my son that they’re just the same... and I made him use the word “ladybird “ for convenience. 

Here’s some of the books I borrowed from the library that is ladybird-related. 

P1060637

Then I also borrowed a “bug” book and it has a few pages discussing the ladybird and it’s life cycle.  I love that it shows the detailed growth of the said bug in real pictures.

 P1060635

DSC_0611 

After I presented it to my boy, I printed out the Ladybug Life Cycle from Montessori Print Shop and have him color it.

DSC_0615

I love his choice of colors! They’re all bright and vivid.

 DSC_0622

Oh and he wrote the labels.  I made him trace my handwriting though.

DSC_0624

Then after that, we did some crafts for the life cycle just like what we did with the Frog.  I realized that I only took a few photos because I was busy directing and helping him out.

DSC_0626

DSC_0627

And here’s the end product.  Lovely isn’t it?

DSC_0629

Montessori Monday

4 comments :

  1. This is a great lesson! I like your crafts! I wish I had your books in Greek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!Thankful that we have a wonderful library here :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really impressed what I see on your blog and I love all these ideas about bug cycles! Great work little man;-)

    I'm stealing your idea about creating life cycles and tracing your handwriting, it was simple idea but I didn't think about it. Maybe because I don't like my handwriting so much ;-)

    It was nice to find out your blog!
    Greetings from Hawaii
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, thank you for dropping by! I soooo love your blog as well! Yes feel free to use any of these, love to know that you like it.

      Delete