MENU

test

test

Monday, April 16, 2012

Flowers in Spring (Part One)

Flowers are blooming everywhere! My loves smelling daffodils, picking up dandelions and admiring cherry blossoms.  With his current interest, I pulled out a flower theme so I can make use of these interests.

Here’s a craft which was inspired by No Time For Flashcards.  The number corresponds to the number of petals in the flower.  Then he insisted on adding stems and leaves and grasses.

DSC_0499 

flower

Then on sunny day, we explore the estate to pick up some flowers and identify some wildflowers as well.

P1040765

flower2 

Once at home, we identified each flowers and matched them to the ones in the books. (Books were borrowed from our library)

DSC_0505

flower1

We also used some of the flowers as paint brushes for his artwork.

DSC_0513

DSC_0517

He managed to use the leaves as well :)DSC_0532

We such had a great time working with flowers!  Reminds me of myself wayyy back a long time ago... enjoying picking up flowers during summer with my friends as well. 

Happy Monday everyone!

 

Linking this to:

Montessori Monday

3 comments :

  1. This looks like a fabulous unit study. I never would have thought of using the flowers as paint brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the painting with flowers!!! I would love to do that with my boys!
    http://knownitwasyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For sure your boys would definitely love it :)

      Delete