MENU

test

test

Friday, April 25, 2014

Springtime is Flower-time! (part deux)

To continue my previous post on flowers... here are the other activities we tried:

Flower Addition and Equation Matching.  In this activity, I printed out addition cards using flower heads.  The purpose of this activity is to match the addition cards with the proper equation in addition. 

  DSC_0624 DSC_0626

Flower Pattern Matching.  I made some tricky patterns and printed it twice for Mavi to match.  This can be also be played as a memory game.

  DSC_0631  DSC_0636

Math Addition.  Using the flowers we created in my previous post, we played a game of guess the total number of flowers using the flower equation cards that I made.  I showed him an equation and he had to "stick" the correct number of flowers in the playdough for the answer.

  DSC_0650

Parts of a Plant. We made a model of a plant using the flowers and popsicle sticks. I made him identify the parts. I took out our Parts of a Plant Nomenclature and Booklet material for him to read and check his work.  The plant version you see below is my work.

 DSC_0656   DSC_0666

           DSC_0667 DSC_0669 

You can the Plant Nomenclature and Booklet by clicking the image below.

theplant

And here is Mavi's version.  He wrote the labels on his own.

 DSC_0672

No comments :

Post a Comment