MENU

test

test

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sharks Unit I (FREE Skip Counting Cards)

Sharing with you our Shark Unit (first part).  I bought the figures from Safari Toobs and we've been using it non-stop.

100 Facts on Sharks is a wonderful book for learning all about these creatures.   It got lots of shark pictures and provides fun facts :) DSC_0815          

           DSC_0862 DSC_0864

 

We also used my parts of The Shark nomenclature cards and booklet (includes activity sheets). Click the picture for the link.

DSC_0819

I love how detailed the shark figures are!  So it was easier for me to show the locations of the fins like the pectoral, anal, pelvic and dorsal.

                DSC_0872 DSC_0880

Coloring materials were downloaded from Education.com and the activity sheet was from my The Shark printable.

DSC_0820

DSC_0865

The Shark booklet were of great help in learning how each parts of the the shark functions.  My son loves to compare the shark's body parts to his LOL.

DSC_0884

A shark puzzle out of cardstock.  What did here was print a shark clipart on a blue paper and cut it in several pieces for him to form it again.  He later on added some drawings like coral reefs and fishes on the completed puzzle to make it look like the shark is in the deep blue waters.

          DSC_0831 DSC_0834

For our Math, we've been doing Montessori Math:  Addition Booklets for a while and I am now introducing skip counting.  These Shark skip counting cards are available for free (personal use only).  Please click the picture for the link.

DSC_0843

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Spring Carnival

5 comments :

  1. What would we do without Safari Toobs? Seriously! I love them! I wish I could buy a new one each week to go with every single one of our units. Looks like a fun shark unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fantastic learning material isn't it? I'm totally happy I discovered them. They're quite pricey but worth-it. I would love to get new ones as well but they're difficult to find here in UK/Ireland.

      Delete
  2. I always love seeing your unit studies ... this is awesome, as usual! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday and for sharing your free shark skip counting cards. I featured your skip counting cards as the Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete