MENU

test

test

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Geological Times

 

DSC_1326

By now, you all know that my son is into history … the beginning of times.  I’m thinking of feeding this current interest and I find myself introducing topics which are unplanned.

I’m so thankful that I purchase The Universe Series (Trilogy) by Jennifer Morgan.  This book series tells the story of time, starting from the big bang theory (cosmology).. followed by the first animals and dinosaurs and the last book is about how the mammals that survived morphed into human beings.  The book is engaging (my son is only 6!) yet he reads this book on his own.   Amazing amazing book. All those science concept were explained in such a way that little fellows can understand as well. 

DSC_1306

I got my books from Book Depository.  I find that it is much cheaper there, and ships for free worldwide.  The books are:

So we used these books to study the geological times.  We read them over and over, noted the import events and arranged them according to the period in time.

 DSC_1252 DSC_1259

Information about the pictures:

HADEAN,ARCHEAN, PROTOZOIC--I used my felt planets to represent the events of the formation of the solar system (moon, planets, stars)

PALEOZOIC (early life) –- we placed Dimetrodon, appearance of first insects, amphibians, rocks

MESOZOIC –- time of the dinosaurs

CENOZOIC – evolution of humans

DSC_1338

 DSC_1341

How I wish I have the Safari Toob Cambria Life and Safari Toob Prehistoric Life to make our time line much more interesting.  Maybe in another, if I have the budget :)

 

Follow Pinay Homeschooler's board Science on Pinterest.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!

1 comment :