MENU

test

test

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Still Life 101 ~ Apples

We haven’t done any painting activities for quite a while now.  So I was inspired when I came across this blog of an art teacher.   This site is full of wonderful art projects for little ones and are so easy to emulate. And I said to myself that we have to try her works!

We started with Still Life.  As inspired by one of her art projects for kindergartens, I salvaged some of the apples from the fridge and use it as our subject. Please excuse some of the stains in the mat and plate, prior to this, my son has been playing with them LOL.  So by the time I took the photo, one apple has a bite mark, the paper plate has Nutella on the side and the mat has some orange watercolor stains.

DSC_0526

To start with, I created the outlines using a drafting compass.  Using a plastic spoon, we swirled (circular motion) the red tempera paint on each smaller circles.  Then we let it dry for about 3-4 hrs.

DSC_0491

              DSC_0494 DSC_0502 

When it was ready, I let him trace the outline of the apples and plate using a black permanent pen.  Then he added details for the apples as well.

DSC_0507

We completed the work by applying green watercolors on the background and yellow on the plate. 

DSC_0512

 DSC_0514

And here’s the finish product. Tada! He loved his work so much that he placed this in our hallway (his gallery LOL).  I am amazed on how he can finally follow instructions with regards to painting and enjoy the activity as well.  He told me we should paint the muffins next :)

DSC_0521

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
Preschool Corner
TGIF Linky Party
Hip Homeschool Hop
Teach Beside Me

1 comment :