MENU

test

test

Monday, February 18, 2013

Continent – Africa [1] (Map Works)

As promised, I’d like to share how we go about our Continent study of Africa.  The first part is all about maps. 

Map of Africa DIY Puzzle

Since I don’t own a Puzzle Map of Africa, I decided to make my own out of papers :).  I printed two copies of the African map in a cardstock.  One copy for the control and the other one is for the puzzle.  I colored the countries using crayons (or you can use colored pens) then cut it in different shapes. 

DSC_0330

He immediately spot Madagascar (his favorite African country LOL).DSC_0331

  And finished the rest all by himself with a little assistance from me.  DSC_0336

 DSC_0349

He loooved this activity! He enjoyed working map puzzle and it was a big hit!  I will definitely do the same with the other continents!DSC_0356

And of course, he couldn’t resist putting the African animals on the map :)  It’s just cute how he placed the dinosaur in the water.  He said that they’re long dead now so they belong in the deep ocean.  DSC_0359

Map of Africa and Pin Flags

Again my objective here is point out that each country is represented by a flag.  So here as seen, he worked on the pin flags which I made. 

DSC_1588 

         jarmieprofile31 (1 of 1)-4 jarmieprofile31 (1 of 1)-5

More Africa updates coming… please stay tuned.

Linking to:

 

Montessori Monday

2 comments :

  1. What great ideas! I think I will do these when we get to Africa! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete