MENU

test

test

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Clock

We’ve had this before, and I decided to revisit it again to go along with our Before FIAR: Goodnight Moon.

We talked about the face of the clock again, the long and short hands and the numbers around it.  We created our own version of a clock using paper plate, number chips that I cut around ahead of time, and the two hands.

DSC_0239

DSC_0243

DSC_0245

He also worked through the 3-part cards which I made for him to learn the time.  We had a couple activities related to this before, but in my son’s case, nomenclature cards are really his favorite.  He just loves to match!  On a personal note, I love nomenclature cards because they’re such an affective way for a child to learn. We only did the hour... for I am not sure yet if he’s ready to understand the half-hour.   My son finished the work in a breeze, so I guess I might introduce the half-hour and quarter in the next few weeks.

DSC_0252

DSC_0253

DSC_0255

Here’s another activity which we did after he finished the nomenclature cards, I would say the time and he’ll steer the hands on the proper position.  He enjoyed it to bits!

DSC_0258

DSC_0263

Linking this to:

Montessori Monday

3 comments :

  1. Love the home made clock idea - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jae! I loved your clock activities! You made a somewhat difficult subject for small kids look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun clock work! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you tomorrow!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete