MENU

test

test

Monday, March 19, 2012

Our Looong Weekend

Hello everyone! How was your weekend? As I mentioned earlier, our little family went to the city center to “supposedly” watch the parade in celebration of the St. Patrick’s Day.  But look! We can see nothing but sea of green leprechaun hats! LOL.  The parade has already started by the time we arrived and we couldn’t get a decent spot to at least view the parade float.

DSC_0027

DSC_0048

So we ended walking around, and view the people celebrating LOL. 

 DSC_0097

At home, we did a few crafts.. we made a rainbow using our fingers.  It was a total hit!

P1030971

P1030981

And we also made a flag... Ireland’s flag.  I attached this to a stick and we place it on our veranda.

 P1030983

On Mother’s Day (UK and Ireland), we went to the park to play football.  You see, we do a lot of outdoor activities but I don’t usually bring a camera when we play outside... but I realize that I should bring at least our P&S so I can capture precious moments such as these:

 P1030987

P1040029

Then today is a holiday, so we started our Blue Series for reading.  I forgot to mention that my son has started reading (not pretend) a few weeks ago.  He can read... mostly CVC words.  And I’m happy to say that since he knows “how to do it” already, it’s easier for him this time to blend the letters in the blue series. 

DSC_1128

For reading, I borrowed books from the library and am happy to say that they have an amazing collection of reading books for preschoolers.  Currently we’re using this books.  We’re using the Reading Corner Phonics set for grade 1 and at times would include those from grade 2 now that we’re beginning the blue series.

New week.. fresh start! We’re doing Before FIAR this week:  Goodnight Moon.

Happy Monday!

Linking to:

 Montessori Monday Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. Love your activities Miss Jae :) The rainbow turned out beautiful :) Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday.

    ReplyDelete