MENU

test

test

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Continent: Antarctica Unit (Arts and Crafts)

Mavi is 41 months old.  Last of the 3-parter post on our Antarctica Unit.  

My was in the food for drawing (which was timely) when we started the activities so it wasn’t that hard to convince him that we will draw the things he sees in our Antarctica pictures.  Then to give him an idea on what to do... I showed him a picture of a child’s art work.  I randomly Googled the picture by the way.

DSC_0648

He made mountains and and added oceans.  The glitters were snow.

DSC_0649 

We usually work together... I work beside him.  Here’s what I did.  I know! It’s a work of a child LOL. Obviously I am not an artist (I went to Engineering school)!

DSC_0657

My son’s work.  He kept telling me he wants to go Antarctica... he whines about it all the time.

DSC_0658

Then there was a time I encouraged him to paint.... I showed him an artwork inspired by Antarctica but he insist that he wanted to paint his letters.  He’s been obsessed with alphabets for 2 years!

DSC_0662

Another variation was to use watercolors. 

DSC_0692

His painting.

DSC_0694  And this was mine.

DSC_0726

And lastly, our penguin crafts.  And cutting is his favorite thing to do here!  grid

The finish product.  Supposedly, there will be glitters all over... but it was already 8PM :(DSC_0723

And that’s our entire unit Antarctica.  If you haven’t read the first two, here’s the link":  Part 1 and Part 2.

We will be doing Asia: Philippines next, but I still have to prepare my materials.  Hope it’ll be ready by March or April.

Linking this to:

linkandlearn-150x150 Montessori Monday Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. How fun. It looks like a wonderful lesson. Thank you for sharing it at Sharing Saturday! We hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete