MENU

test

test

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Letter Sounds and Writing Practice

These are the materials I made for my son to work for writing and practicing phonics.  Every week we work on two letters based on our ramfbitg (red), cusnpolh (yellow) and dexqyjkvwz(blue) series.  I got this idea from My Montessori Journey where she categorized her letter sounds by color codes.

Here I’m presenting the letter for M for it’s the beginning letter of my son’s name :)

Each set is comprised of:

  • a color coded sound book (DIY)
  • a letter builder made from foam sheets
  • a letter builder control card
  • an Itsy Bitsy book which I got from here
  • lowercase tracing card from Kumon
  • uppercase tracing card which is a DIY
  • a lowercase sandpaper letter

P1010614

P1010616

Below is a closer look of what’s inside my sound booklet. Each booklet is made up of 4 pages with images inside that begins with the letter M.  I don’t have specific order as to what we need to work on first.  Sometimes my son and I would read the booklets then do the writing, or the other way around.

P1010617

After we have worked on a pair of letters, we do some phonics exercises with our Alpha Phonics Boxes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment