MENU

test

test

Monday, August 1, 2011

Re-visiting Painting

It’s been months since we haven’t had any painting activities.  Unlike before wherein Mavi would always ask for watercolors, these days he’s just into letters and his Safari Toobs toys.

So to keep him interested on painting, arts and colors I decided that once a week I should dedicate time to sit with him and paint.

As seen below, Mavi was trying to examine the Crayon Washable Paints.  He asked me to fill the palette.  I also made sure that there’s enough paint brush for him to use. And he seems to prefer the bigger brush.

     P1010203P1010205
One of the things that I taught him on this session is how to do the strokes properly.  I’m not a painter nor an artist, so I just go with the “up and down” stroke and the “circle” stroke.  II hope we could do some impressionism in the future :)
P1010209
Obviously, my masterpiece looks like the work of a 1st grader hehehe.  But I enjoyed playing out the colors and demonstrating to the little one that we can create so many things with just the use of a brush a paint and a lot of imagination as well.
P1010214
After 3 papers of painting, he got bored and decided to make a train out of his paint bottles.
P1010229

No comments :

Post a Comment