MENU

test

test

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pink Reading Scheme: Object Boxes

Aside from the Alpha Phonics Boxes, I also made my son Montessori’s Pink Scheme as part of our materials for language lesson.  Since my son has a thorough knowledge of the alphabets and knows each sound by heart, I decided to put this “knowledge” to a test.  He’s into letters for the past months and pretending to read words.  So it is just timely that I should introduce him to the basic step of reading... the cvc words (consonant-vowel-consonant).

My Pink series are composed of the following:

  1. Object Box (as shown on this post) and the reinforcement exercises.
  2. Picture Box
  3. Word List
  4. Sigh Words
  5. Phrase Strips
  6. Sentence Strips

I would not go deeper discussing what a Pink Series is all about as all the information needed can googled in the internet. 

This is how we use my pink series:

  1. I would lay out all the objects on the table and would name each object.  At first I would make Mavi repeat after me, but since he knew the objects already I would make him name it as I take each object from the box.
  2. I would take out a word card from the box and read it aloud.  I would emphasize the beginning and ending sounds of each letter on the cvc word.  Then I would as my son to make the first sound of the word, followed by the vowel and the end sound.
  3. When done I would give him the card and he would match it to the object on the table.  Then again, I would make him read the word before I proceed to the next word on the box.
  4. To make sure that these words and objects are indeed instilled in his memory, aside from the Montessorish way of teaching it, I also tend to take it out and just use each object to tell a story.  I just make sure that whenever I call out an object in the story I would also present the word card during the story telling.

P1010116SET 1:  pot, tag, bug, man, pin, red

 

P1010111SET 2:  cup, ram, car, pig, dog, hen

 P1010119SET 3:  log, yak, box, pen, bus, six

 

P1010131SET 4:  cow, hay, nut, lid, web, can

 

P1010130

SET 5:  hog, bin, cat, pan, bun, key

 

P1010121SET 6:  bow, fan, peg, cap, sun, zip

 

P1010127SET 7:  van, net, wax, mop, fin, bud 

 

P1010106SET 8:  hat, gum, fox, ten, jug, cab

This is how the re-enforcement page looks like.  Each set of the pink scheme has one of this.  The aim here is for the little kiddo to match the word on the left side to the picture on the right side by drawing a line.

DSC_0679

No comments :

Post a Comment