MENU

test

test

Monday, July 25, 2011

Alpha Phonics Boxes: Letters ‘ramfbitg’

Hello there! I’d like to share the contents of my Alphabet Phonics Box.  First set, the letters RAMFBITG... I organized it this way to match so as to match with my RED SERIES letter sound cards and writing learning set which I will later share as well. 

For those who’s been aware of homeschooling blogs, this is NOT an original idea.  This technique has been used by most homeschooling mothers for it’s effectiveness and at the same time, quite an enjoyable way of learning new things with their beginning sounds.

Unlike some Mommies who store these on a cabinet, mine I kept it on a microwavable containers.  As you can see, most of the objects I have doesn’t fit in a small cabinet/storage.  Besides, mine is a work in progress.  Although the point here is to have objects in miniature sizes... mine still consist of large ones though I plan to replace them once a small size is available.

I use my Alpha Phonics Box(es) in three ways:

  1. To learn the beginning sounds, I would pick a letter for us to play and pick each object from the letter box and say the name of the object emphasizing the beginning letter sound.  I would make my son repeat the words as I hand him the object for inspection (or he would place it on the mat).
  2. Sort objects according to beginning letter.  I would combine objects from two letter boxes and my son and I would sort the objects according to their beginning letter sound.  I presented my objects here the way I mix them during our homeschool.
  3. Telling a story.  My son love this method very much. It’s either I tell a story from one letter object box or at times, on the combination of two letters.

We haven’t gotten through all the letters yet... so I am just focusing on the three methods that I use.  So far, everything’s fine... he loves it and enjoys working with our boxes.  I am open to some ideas or room for improvement in case my boy would get bored with the way I use our alpha phonic boxes.

Here are my ramfbitg alpha phonics objects:

P1010059P1010056 

R|r:  red, rhino, rock, rope, rooster, rubberband, ram, rabbit

A|a:  ambulance, airplane, apron, ant, arch of triumph, alligator, apple, aboriginal

P1010072P1010073

M|m:  macaw, musher, magnet, marble, moon, motorcycle, milk, moose, monkey

F|f:  fence, fork, feather, fish, frog, fly, fox, firetruck, flamingo

P1010065P1010067

B|b:  barn, button, biscuit, banana, beads, bell, baboon, bike, bear, basket

I|i:  igloo, iguana, ice cream, intestine, temple of inscriptions, insect

P1010083P1010094

T|t:  turtle, treasure chest, tiger, tree, turner, tray, tractor, tasmanian devil, taj mahal

G|g:  giraffe, grapes, guitar, gem, goat, gum, gorilla, garter, grasshopper

It took me awhile to collect these objects.  Most of them I got from Safari Toobs, erasers, others were from my son’s old toys, and anything that I can find around the house.  I also plan to replace these objects after sometime... so as introduce new ones, which means new vocabularies for him as well.  By the way, the letters are wooden magnetic letters of Melissa and Doug.

Next post would be objects from my CUSNPOLH phonic boxes.

No comments :

Post a Comment