MENU

test

test

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Water Cycle

Last week we had our Water Cycle activities.  My son has been watching some Make Me Genius videos and he specifically requested for this topic. 

Here are our activities and the materials we used.

Below is a printed material I got from the internet.  Since I didn't have a book to showcase the water cycle to my little I randomly search for an image that can present in detail the water cycle. The image comes from here.

DSC_1118

Below is a water cycle puzzle which I downloaded for free from this beautiful blog.  We worked on this last, when my son has absorbed the idea of the cycle.

DSC_0030

  DSC_1123 

For coloring and reading practice, I got these activities sheets from Kidzone. After we read the paragraphs and color the images, he ordered the stages of the cycle.

DSC_1119

DSC_1121

For a little craft and scissor practice I made him do a little project demonstrating the water cycle given the prepared materials (he prepared it with my assistance).  So with a mountain, land, sun, ocean and raindrops he arranged it in a way that it will explain how cycle works.  We used cottons for the clouds by the way.

               DSC_0031 DSC_0042

He asked to use water colors to make the clouds gray :)

DSC_0044 

And this is what he came up with.  I asked him to indicate the stages so I can put a label.

DSC_0047

Next post is on our experiment on the water cycle and later on we'll also talk about the weather and the clouds.  Weather cards which I prepared for our weather unit is now available. Click on the picture below for the link.

weather

For more FREEbies and downloads, visit The Pinay Homeschooler Shop and Downloads.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child

No comments :

Post a Comment