MENU

test

test

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Botany Unit: Trees and Leaves

Last week's activities. Sorry if I have to flood this post with pictures as I am short on words.  Migraine affects my thinking most of the time :(

               

Leaf matching worksheets from Education.com and my Tree Shapes matching cards (including sorting cards).

              

Leaf prints.  We did not do much of this as Mavi told me they were also doing this in school. 

Examining the parts of a leaf. He was really interested on this one.  Our cards and booklet were from my Leaf Pack or you can read about it here.

               

He loves identifying the parts.  I'm thankful that we are surround with plants so it's easier to pick leaves with pronounced parts.

                

And instead of bark rubbings (it rained the entire week), we talked about how the leaves and trees changes according to seasons

              

Note:  We were supposed to have leaf shapes as well.  We did this last year and my son had fun collecting leaves from our estate and at the park.  Unfortunately, the weather did no cooperate and we ended up staying at home the whole time we're doing this unit.  I was quite disappointed.  But... since summer is not over yet, we'll try to have this one when Mr Sun will shine brightly again. 

 

And I could not find my leaf sorting cards!  And with that I might have a little re-organizing and cleaning up to do next month.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Spring Carnival

1 comment :

  1. What a cool leaf study! And your season trees are beautiful! I am pinning and adding to my list to share on social media this week =)

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I hope to see you linked up again later today.

    Have a great weekend,
    Beth =)

    ReplyDelete