MENU

test

test

Monday, May 21, 2012

B4FIAR: Ask Mr. Bear

A few weeks ago, we rowed Ask Mr Bear and pull out a Farm Animals themed as well. My son loves this book to pieces and he can almost memorize it.  There were times I can here him do a monologue using his animal figures (Safari Toobs) basing on the story.  

Here are some pictures that best describes the activities we did to go along with the book.

Story sequencing. To make it more interesting I added the objects the animals offered to Danny as a gift for his Mom.  This printable was downloaded from Homeschool Creations.

DSC_0928

Identifying beginning sounds using the printable pack which I downloaded as mentioned previously.

DSC_0931DSC_0933

Where’s the Birthday Cake game which has the same mechanism as Where’s the Easter Card game.   Another favorite math game!

DSC_0958

 DSC_0962DSC_0964

Oh and this is exactly the reason why I seldom have time to post.  This is out of topic, but we really really love playing outdoors.P1040913

Animal farm family matching game.  The cards can be downloaded here.  Well this is just my version, I made this because I was inspired by My Montessori Moments who has a COMPLETE set of animal families for download.    P1040945

P1040946P1040948

Lastly, we sort zoo and farm animals. 

DSC_0971

I am looking forward of rowing this again, and hopefully by then I have enough idea, resources and time to carry out additional activities.

Linking this to:

Montessori Monday

1 comment :

  1. Hi Jae, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete