MENU

test

test

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homeschool Wrap-Up (01.6 - 01.13)

An overdue post due to lots of work. 

Color mixing

             P1030364P1030369 

With the use of medicine dropper and food coloring.  He attempted to paint a car (left picture) using the his mixes.

 

Pink Series

We’ve been doing this almost every day.  Currently we’re doing the ‘objects and moveable letters’ and ‘objects and cards’.  Next week we’ll be doing the abstract version, that’s using picture cards instead of objects.  After which we also work on the worksheets for the Pink Series: beginning and ending sounds.

DSC_0081 (2)

Since I don’t have a printer, I just wrote these beginning and ending letters on a cardstock, covered it with a contact paper (I don’t own a laminator) and made him use a dry erase pen.  This way, we can always reuse our worksheets.

In case you want to know, here are objects for the Pink Series.

 

Math

We learned about time and how to read it.  See my post here.

Then also had Addition for our Math. The concept here is similar to that of Montessori’s Addition Strip Board but instead we used blue and red bear counters.  I plant to make another set using printed materials whenever my son progresses fromthis.

         P1030424P1030425

Painting

We do this almost everyday.  He also request for his paints until we ran out of it :(

Botany:  PLANTS AND FLOWERS

This week, we jumpstart our Plants and Flowers activities.  Read about it here.

DSC_0120

Linking this to: 

Teach Me Tuesday at Preschool Powol Packets

4 comments :

  1. I love how the math is taught. How old is your son? He looks too young to be adding. Make me wonder it I should be working on this my my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's 3.5 yrs old. I was just testing the water if he likes it and we don't exceed the total amount of 5. He loves doing it on his hands though... I mean the addition using fingers. We'll be doing this once in a while as he doesn't appreciate it much compared to counting, patterning and other math activities :)

      Delete
  2. These are some great ideas! I love the little bear counters!! Thanks so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday -- I hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh how I wish I could have more counters just like these bears. They're the cutest and I find them so useful whenever we do Math activities.

      Delete