MENU

test

test

Monday, February 17, 2014

Phases of the Moon

It's my son's midterm break and I'm happy that we could do lots of activities now that he's at home the entire week.  Aside from the Internal Organs which we had earlier this month, we will also have lessons on Space and Astronomy.

Here are the activities we've been doing so far:

A Model of the Moon Phases.  We painted the phases for this year instead of using our felt moons :) 

DSC_2893 

DSC_2896

He arranged the phases using the cards that we have and  a picture that we saw in Google.

 

  DSC_0004

DSC_0001

And here's the finish product.  This artwork is now in his room.  He would refer to this at night whenever he checks for the phase the of the moon.

 DSC_0011

Observe and Describe. I also printed out this Moon Phases Mini-Book from Scholastic (please click the image below for the link of the file).  Here Mavi gets to describe the different phases.  I love how he can use one single word to describe the moon.

DSC_0069

Moon Phase Calendar.  Every night we're checking out the moon and record it in the calendar which I made. If you are interested I made a generic calendar which you can use.  Just click on the image below for the link.

This recording will allow Mavi to learn how it all works!

 DSC_0032

Below is our reference.  We check this image (from Google) if the ones we are seeing is the same as the ones recorded in the internet :)

february 2014 moon phases

Here's a link to all astronomy related activities that we have done so far.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!
Natural Homeschool's Montessori Linky

3 comments :

  1. This is a great way to combine science and arts. Thanks for sharing with After School Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! I'm featuring it as part of my roundup at After School today.

    ReplyDelete