MENU

test

test

Monday, November 4, 2013

Continents Revisited

Okay so we haven't done serious "schooling" during the midterm break as I wanted then little boy to have some rest and recreation.  In between Fresh Beat Band and Carrie and David's Popshop, I inserted a few math activities which he truly loved.  Then just before the weekend, he asked if we could do "the world map" again.  So what we did was paint the Montessori World Map. Mavi attended Montessori School last year and we've done a lot of Geography lessons, so he's very well familiar with this already.

DSC_1717

Because we've done coloring a lot of times, I asked him to paint the map this time.  I showed him some tricks so that he won't go over the outlines of the map.

DSC_1718

Then we started mixing colors for the continents (what makes brown? what makes a pink color?).

           DSC_1724 DSC_1725 

DSC_1728

I printed an activity sheet from The Helpful Garden.  I'm surprised he can easily identify the continents just by looking at their outlines even though we haven't done this for a a while now!

           DSC_1729 DSC_1731

We'll be having visitors and they'll be staying with us this week so I am not sure if we can have after school activities.  Wishing everyone a happy happy Monday!

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!

3 comments :

  1. Love the art and geography connection! Thanks for linking up at After School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great idea to paint instead of ever present coloring :) Thanks for sharing with Afterschool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely activity - and looks like he did an excellent job! Thanks for linking up to the Afterschool Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete