MENU

test

test

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Themed Activities

Due to my work loads and activities, I’ve been missing here in the blogosphere for quite a while.  It’s a good thing I take pictures though, and organize it weekly in that way I can easily track and document them easily. 

So here are some of the “Christmas” themed activities we did for the past few days, most of which are Montessori related.

Sorting pony beads using a tweezer.  Surprisingly, he finished it without my assistance considering that this is his first time to use a tweezer.

               DSC_0709DSC_0729

Scooping red and green pompoms using a milk powder scoop.

               DSC_0732DSC_0738

Stringing pony beads by colors using pipe cleaners.

               DSC_0739DSC_0746

He finished all of it breezily!

DSC_0755

One time I caught him doing this to our hand towel.  I asked him what he’s doing and told me “I’m ironing.  Just like Lola Merlit.” (Lola Merlit means Grandma Merlit) .  This is a surprise because the last time we were home (my parent’s house) was July.  He still remembers what his Grandmother do at home!

 DSC_0765

Peeling foam stickers during our Alpha Christmas Countdown.

DSC_0803

I am still on the process of learning how to organize some of these stuff properly.  Currently, I am collecting food coloring so I can create colored pasta and at the same time do some color mixing activities.

Wishing everyone a happy Tuesday!

Montessori Monday Teach Me Tuesday at Whole Child Creative Curriculum  linkandlearn-150x150

2 comments :

  1. It's amazing what those little determined fingers can accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the ice trays to sort--what a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday at Whole Child Creative Curriculum! I hope to see you again next week!

    Carla @ Whole Child Creative Curriculum

    ReplyDelete