MENU

test

test

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sensorial Play Kinetic Sand & Geometric Shapes

Vito and Mavi are loving our Kinetic Sand!  In all honesty, I’m hesitant to purchase the sand because of its price.  Growing up in my homeland, sand was free and I could play with it day and night with my mother not shedding a single cent.  So the thought of Kinetic Sand costing more than my monthly college allowance is just crazy.  When it went on sale (70% off!), I knew I just have to get one because I wanted my kids to enjoy sand all year round just the way I played with it.  It was worth-it!DSC_0178

 

Now I understand the rave reviews!! The boys can’t stop playing with it, for hours! And because i didn’t have any moulders with me, I made use of our Geometric Solids which I got last year and it added more educational value to the sand!  He’s learning the shapes by creating them using the sand and our materials.  Vito enjoyed using our geometric shapes as well, they have bright and transparent colours, so your kids can still view the sand when inside the shapes.

DSC_0052

With Kinetic Sand you are sure that your kids are safe because the sand itself is toxic free and of course, clean Open-mouthed smile  But please don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t mean I discourage you to play with outdoor sand, in fact I would want my kids to play with them as well. But Kinetic Sand is a good alternative to the outdoor sand during cold and stormy season which is more than half a year in duration in this country LOL.  

DSC_0035

To make sure you don’t lose that much when they play, use a large tray if a sand box is not available.  We are using a large tray from Ikea.  The good thing about Kinetic Sand is that it’s not messy so its easy to gather and tidy up afterwards.

DSC_0067

My little guy can’t stop squizzing and squishing the sand.  Can you see how he is fascinated with it?

                                   DSC_0106DSC_0121

With Mavi around, there’s not enough for them to enjoy since they’re sharing this 2lbs of sand, so I plan to add some more when it’s on sale again.  It comes in different colours but I prefer the natural one so we can use it in so many ways like assembling this Australian-Inspired Small World Play.

AustraliaPlay

Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, Instagram or Twitter for updates!  More learning materials at Pinay Homeschooler Shop.

Pin this for later!

KineticSand

No comments :

Post a Comment