MENU

test

test

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Montessori Grammar Lesson

At home, we’re using the Montessori approach in teaching the English grammar.

Below are some of the materials we used:  grammar symbols, grammar booklet, strips of papers and Sharpies.  The symbols are made from foam crafts which I painstakingly form and cut.DSC_1387

Instead of grammar farm, we used Legos and animal figures set-up in an Arctic/Antarctic Expedition.  From here, I made Mavi identify the nouns.

DSC_1405

I made this definition cards for his guide.

DSC_1421 

We created the sentences based on our set-up and Mavi labeled each word using a grammar symbol.  DSC_1409 

And I made him work the other way around, Mavi creating a sentence using the symbol sequence I made.

DSC_1417 Surprisingly, he enjoyed this activity.  He enjoys identifying the correct grammar symbol and loves creating sentences.  We will be doing much of this work and as he progresses, I’ll introduce adverbs, conjunction, pronoun, interjection and preposition.

More activities here Follow Pinay Homeschooler's board Language on Pinterest.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday
TGIF Linky Party
Teach Beside Me
Preschool Corner
Teaching Mama
I Can Teach My Child
Home + School = Afterschool!

No comments :

Post a Comment