MENU

test

test

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Geological Time Scale with Safari Toobs

Last year,  I was able to have bargain of these Safari Toobs at Amazon.  I've been wanting to get them for the fact that after our geologcial Time activity, Mavi has been so obsessed of doing the timeline representation over and over again.  When they arrived at the mail, Mavi was so excited! He can finally complete his timeline with all these figures!

So what do you exactly need to be able to create a geological time?  Well, in our case we have the following:
Cambrian Toob
Prehistoric Life Toob
Dinosaur Toobs (Carnivorous, Dinos, Feathered and Baby Toobs)

I  made out these paper to servee as our mat, and write the name of the ERA on the side.

Mavi carefully laid out the mat, and little by little placing the figures on each ERA starting from the Paleozoic ERA.

And tada!!! We have a complete Geological Time Scale!

Books tha we read to go along with this activity is our Lava to Life series.  I've talked about it here during our first lesson.  Click on the link below [aff. Link] to see the book details.

PS.  These safari toobs are really really awesome!  Let me show you the cambrian figures which I truly admire because of the details.  This collecor took a photo of each figure and described it.  Mavi and I read it so we know what we're dealing with here.

And here's the prehistoric life.  Mavi described these animals as the great grandparents of rhinos, tigers, giraffes and elephants!

Now I'm not saying that IT IS A MUST to buy.  But, if you are really interested, I suggest that you wait for the SALE season.  I usually have a wishlist and amazon would notify me if any in the list is on sale.   

No comments :

Post a Comment