MENU

test

test

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Folding Clothes is So Much Fun

We're back from our 3 weeks vacation and it was amazing! Now I'll save details on a separate post, for now allow me to show you how Mavi has been very helpful for the past few days.  I give credit to the years of training of practical life activities based on Maria Montessori philosophy. 

One of the chores I dread doing is folding the laundry.  My husband usually do this for me, but since he's busy most of the time, the folding doesn't get done and the laundry would pile up at times.  Now this is where Mavi comes in handy.  I gave him the responsibility of folding his own clothes, sort and put them directly in his closet.

To start with, I placed masking tape on his shirt, pants and underpants and these serves as a guide for folding.  There's a number on the tape to indicate which one he will fold first.

Now we've been doing this activity a lot of times, so he will perfect this ability of folding clothes.

At the end, he's happy that he was able to help, felt accomplished and proud that he was able to contribute something for he family.

Now that he's 6, we're doing serious levels of work. Next would be to master washing dishes and learn the basic of cooking (Asian foods!).

No comments :

Post a Comment